Top International Cricket Stadiums in the United States
Cricket has been a new sport to the United States but it is becoming popular quickly. The United States has multiple top International Cricket Stadiums in the United States and is also going to host the T20 cricket World Cup in 2024.
Here’s a listing of all the Global cricket stadiums in the United States:
Central Broward Regional Park Stadium
It seats 20,000 in Lauderhill, Florida. It has hosted multiple international cricket matches, such as the 2010 international cricket League (ICC World Twenty20).
Citi Field (Baseball cum Cricket ground)
The stadium in New York City, New York can hold 41,922 spectators. The New York Mets of the MLB have their headquarters here, though the city has also hosted various global cricket matches, for instance the 2013 ICC World Twenty20.
Dodger Stadium (Baseball cum Cricket ground)
It has seating for 56,000 in Los Angeles Convention Center in California. The Los Angeles Dodgers of the MLB call it home, though it’s also hosted many overseas cricket games, like the 2015 ICC World Twenty20.
Indianapolis World Sports Park
The stadium seats 23,500 individuals and it is situated in Indianapolis, Indiana. It’s played host to many international cricket games like the 2018 ICC World Twenty Twenty20 Qualifier.
Leo Magnus Cricket Complex (LMC)
It’s situated in Los Angeles, California and seats 5,000 spectators. The Los Angeles County cricket Club is based there and has played host to many international Cricket matches, such as the 2019 ICC World Cup Qualifier.
Other than the global cricket stadiums, the rest of the cricket grounds in the United States are utilized for national cricket matches. These grounds include:
- Alumni Oval: It seats 5,000 in this ground in Columbus, Ohio.
- Bay Area Cricket League Ground: The Foster City, California, stadium is utilized for 5,000 fans.
- Bicentennial Park Cricket Ground: The stadium holds 5,000 spectators and is located in Sunnyvale, California.
- Church Street Park: Grand Prairie, Texas, is home to this arena which can seat over 3500 individuals.
- Kandahar International Cricket Stadium: It can seat 14,000 in its arena in Morrisville, North Carolina.
- The Los Angeles Cricket Club Ground: The stadium in Los Angeles, California holds 5,000 people.
The United States is a young cricket country, though the game is becoming more popular. The nation has many overseas Cricket grounds and is slated to host the cricket World Cup in the year 2024. The United States will be a significant cricketing power in the decades to come with the continual backing of the ICC along with other cricket bodies.
Cricket has been well known in the United States. Cricket was played in the United States for over 200 years, though it’s just just lately started gaining popularity. Cricket in the United States has grown because of numerous factors, for instance :
- Increased immigration from cricket – playing nations including India, Pakistan and the West Indies.
- The recent successes of the US cricket team.
- The ICC along with various other cricket organizations promote cricket.
The United States cricket team makes major progress recently. The team has also qualified for the Cricket World Cup two times – in 2011 as well as 2015. The club has won the ICC World Cricket League Division 2 two times – in 2011 as well as 2019.
Cricket in the United States is affected by the ICC. The United States has witnessed the ICC invest in the enhancement of cricket infrastructure and host several international cricket competitions there.
The potential future of cricket in the United States
Cricket in the United States appears bright. The sport is gaining popularity and the nation has several international cricket grounds. The Cricket World Cup is slated for the United States in 2024 as well.